Sunday, January 5, 2014

Bow Tie Basil Pesto Pasta

So I saw on Pinterest the other day a recipe for a shell pesto pasta with asparagus and sun-dried tomatoes, and I decided to cook some for Teia, because 1) I wanted to cook something nice for her, and 2) I think it was my turn to cook. It turned out fantastic and Teia said it had to go in her cookbook that she is working on! So, I feel pretty good about it and posting it here for people to see. I used bow tie pasta and a basil pesto from the store that I found. I also used sun-dried tomatoes, and sauteed me up some asparagus and garlic cloves. I also cubed up some mozzarella cheese and sprinkled some various shredded cheeses into it. Lastly, I topped it with a fried egg. (Teia loves the runny yolk!)



Here is my recipe:
1 12-oz box of pasta
2/3 cup basil pesto
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, julienned cut
2/3 lb asparagus, cut
2 cloves of garlic, peeled
1/2 lb mozzarella, cubed
1/3 cup shredded cheeses (Parmasean, Asiago, and Romano)
1 Fried Egg

Serving Size: 4

1. Cook pasta until done, be careful not to over do pasta, should take about 12 minutes.
2. While pasta is cooking put butter into a sautee pan and add the garlic cloves and cut asparagus.
3. While waiting for everything to cook, cube mozzarella cheese, and measure out the pesto, tomatoes, and shredded cheeses.
4. After the pasta is cooked, strain pasta and then put a little oil in the bottom of the pot and put pasta back into the pot after it had cooled for a couple of minutes.
5. After adding the pasta, add the cheeses first, and then add the basil pesto and sun-dried tomatoes.
6. Add the asparagus and garlic from the sautee pan to the pot and mix everything together until it is a nice homogeneous mixture.
7. Fry an egg to top the plate of deliciousness you have just made.
8. Proceed to demolish this plate along with another second helping.

I hope y'all enjoy!
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment